The Monroe County Library System Board of Trustees has a vacancy and is seeking individuals interested in serving on this volunteer board. Service on the board will be effective upon appointment through June 30, 2025.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes your most memorable experience using a public library. Your resume should include a list of boards on which you have served or are currently serving, areas of expertise, relevant employment experience, and other volunteer commitments.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume electronically HERE, or by mail to the MCLS Nominating Committee, c/o MCLS Director’s Office, 115 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14604. The deadline to submit is February 19, 2021.
MONROE COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM TRUSTEE EXPECTATIONS
- Regular attendance and active participation at all board and committee meetings
Board meetings are held from 12:15 to 1:30 pm on the third Monday of the month (unless otherwise noted) in the Board Room of the Rundel Public Library, 115 South Avenue, Rochester, NY 14604. (Currently meeting at Noon via Zoom)
- Service on at least one committee of the board
Committees include Nominating, Finance, and Strategic Planning
- Service as a Liaison to one of the following boards: Rochester Public Library Board of Trustees, Rochester Regional Library Council Board of Trustees, Friends and Foundation of the Rochester Public Library Board of Trustees
- Participation at occasional workshops and board development opportunities
- Occasional attendance at MCLS related programs and events